Application to Perform
How to Apply for the Teller in Residence Program
The application deadline for the 2018 Teller in Residence program is November 30, 2017.
The Teller in Residence program runs from May through October, 2018. Each week’s residency begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Participating tellers in residence will receive travel, lodging in Historic Jonesborough, a $150 food stipend, and a $1,500 honorarium.
Download a PDF version of the TIR Application. (You will need Adobe Reader to read the download.)
To apply, send the following:
• Personal resumé or biographical sketch with reference to your professional work.
• Audio and/or video recordings that demonstrate your work as a storyteller
(We regret that we are unable to return audio and/or video recordings.)
• A color photo suitable for promotional purposes (horizontal orientation preferred)
• The names and contact information, including e-mail, of two references
who can speak about your work
• Preferred week(s) of residency (Tellers travel to Jonesborough on Monday, appear
at the Center Tuesday through Saturday, and leave Jonesborough on Sunday.)
• Please note any workshop or area of expertise you might be willing to share with
an audience as part of your Teller in Residence week. We are especially interested in storytelling application in business, health care, ministry and non-profit organizations.
If you have updated your file within the last three years or if you have been a featured teller at the National Storytelling Festival within the last 10 years, your application does not need
to include a resume, recordings, or reference.
Selections will be announced on or before February 1, 2018.
Send proposals to:
Teller in Residence Program
International Storytelling Center
116 West Main Street
Jonesborough, Tennessee 37659