Application to Perform
How to Apply for the Teller in Residence Program
The application deadline for the 2019 Teller in Residence program is November 30, 2018.
The Teller in Residence program runs from May through October, 2019. Each week’s residency begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Participating tellers in residence will receive travel, lodging in Historic Jonesborough, a $150 food stipend, and a $1,500 honorarium.
Download a PDF version of the TIR Application. (You will need Adobe Reader to read the download)
To apply, send the following:
• Personal resumé or biographical sketch with reference to your professional work.
• Audio and/or video recordings that demonstrate your work as a storyteller (We regret that we are unable to return submitted materials.)
• A color photo suitable for promotional purposes (A horizontal orientation is preferred.)
• The names and contact information, including e-mail, of two references who can speak on behalf of your work
• Preferred week(s) of residency (Tellers travel to Jonesborough on Monday, appear at the Center Tuesday through Saturday, and leave Jonesborough on Sunday.)
• Please note any workshop or area of expertise you might be willing to share with an audience as part of your Teller in Residence week. We are especially interested in the application of storytelling in business, health care, ministry, non-profit organizations and at- risk youth programming.
If you have updated your file within the last three years or if you have been a featured teller at the National Storytelling Festival within the last 10 years, your application does not need to include a resume, recordings, or reference.
Selections will be announced on or before February 1, 2019.
For questions, call Krystal Hawkins, Program Administrator, at extension 282 at (800) 952-8392 or e-mail email@example.com.
Send proposals to:
Teller in Residence Program
International Storytelling Center
116 West Main Street
Jonesborough, Tennessee 37659