This week’s teller in residence: Connie Regan-Blake
National Storytelling Festival 2013
This week’s teller in residence: Jay O’Callahan
Stacey J. Eubanks
ISC Announces Search for an Executive Director.
2013 Teller-in-Residence Tickets on Sale Now
Preregister Now for the National Storytelling Festival
Sheila Kay Adams
Sheila Kay Adams
Geraldine Buckley - New Voice
Shonaleigh - International New Voice
Diane Edgecomb - New Voice
Gillette Brothers - New Voices
Tim Lowry - New Voice
Special Storytelling Live! Performances Announced
Storytelling Workshop presented by Kim Weitkamp
Storytelling Workshop presented by Bil Lepp
Evening Concert featuring Donald Davis
Evening Concert featuring Bil Lepp
Evening Concert featuring David Holt
Evening Concert featuring Carmen Deedy
Evening Concert featuring Elizabeth Ellis
Evening Concert featuring Jay O’Callahan
Children’s Concert with Jeff Gere
Children’s Concert with The Storycrafters
Children’s Concert with Antonio Rocha
ISC Remembers Diane Wolkstein
Kim and Reggie Harris
Chic Street Man
Chic Street Man
Lineup Announced for 2013 Storytelling Live! Season
Tell and Listen to Stories in China!
Take a look at what others are saying about us!
ISC Founder to Retire
40th National Storytelling Festival to Air on Sirius XM
The National Storytelling Network Autumn Online Auction!
PBS NewsHour covers the 40th Anniversary Festival
This week’s teller in residence: Michael Reno Harrell
Featured on National Public Radio!
This week’s teller in residence: Regi Carpenter
2012 Special Christmas Concerts
2012 National Storytelling Festival Schedule Now Available
Storytelling Studio Schedule Announced
2012 Storytelling Studio Schedule Announced
This week’s teller in residence: Diane Edgecomb
Nation’s first online storytelling festival launches to promote racial justice
The second annual National Storytelling Festival’s Story Slam returns to the Festival this year after an inaugural highly successful and jam-packed event in 2012. Whether you join the competition or the audience, dont miss it! Saturday, October 5th at 5:30 pm at the Creekside Tent.
The 2013 Story Slam theme is “Snapshot” - true stories about memorable or photographic moments.
Old School –
You have to tell a story. A true one based on this year’s theme, “Snapshot.” That story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. That’s it!
New Rules –
It’s a competition – and you only have five minutes at the mic to wow the judges. You will be judged on your performance, how well the story is crafted, its connection to the theme (“Snapshot”), and adherence to the 5-minute time limit.
1st place: $300
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $50
More to Know:
• Your story must connect to the theme—Snapshot—in some way. Be creative!
• True, original stories only.
• Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
• Stories must be told, not read. No notes or props.
• Content must be suitable for a general audience, ages 13 and up.
• The competition is not open to anyone who has been a featured teller at the National Storytelling Festival.
• Enter between June 1 and August 1. You’ll be notified if you’re ‘in’ by August 31.
Three Ways to Enter: Pick one
1. Record your Story Here - First, type your email address below and leave your name and phone number in the ‘Message’ box. Then hit record and give us a brief description and an excerpt of your story. You will have around two minutes. When you are through recording, hit ‘pause’; then you can hit ‘play’ to listen, ‘clear’ to redo, or ‘send’ to finish.
• Make sure your computer microphone is connected and that the audio volume is high enough.
• If you see a prompt from the Adobe Flash Player, under the privacy settings click the Allow and Remember buttons and then Close.
2. Call 423-558-0739 and follow the prompts to leave a description and excerpt of your story.
3. Mail an audio or DVD clip with the same information to:
Slam, 116 W. Main, Jonesborough, TN 37659.