Teller-in-Residence at the International Storytelling Center
Now in its 19th season, Storytelling Live!, the International Storytelling Center’s renowned Teller-in-Residence program, features a line-up of nationally-known storytellers. Each week a different artist appears at the Center theater in live afternoon concerts. Workshops and special concerts are also offered. The Storytelling Live! performers represent the finest talent available in the world of storytelling — presented in Jonesborough, Tennessee, the storytelling capital of the world.
The Role of the Teller-in-Residence
- Tell stories in ISC’s 95-seat theater in daily performances, special concerts, or other off-site locations.
- Serve, when needed, as a voice for ISC during their residency in interviews with the region’s newspapers, radio, and television media.
- Participate in a video and/or audio taped interview that could be used for promotional purposes.
- Serve as an Ambassador for Storytelling and the International Storytelling Center (ISC).
- Receive travel, food stipend, and lodging plus a $2,000 honorarium.
- Teller merchandise will be offered for sale in ISC’s gift shop during residence.
- Exposure in the cultural arts community via ISC’s website, print materials, and across our social media platforms.
How To Apply
Proposals for the Teller-in-Residence Program must be submitted online or postmarked by November 30, 2019. If you have updated your file within the last three years or if you have been a featured teller at the National Storytelling Festival within the last 10 years, your application does not need to include a resume, recordings, or reference. Please fill out the form below or send your proposal to:
Teller-in-Residence Program International Storytelling Center
116 West Main Street
Jonesborough, Tennessee 37659