Plan Your Trip
Plan Your Trip
We’ve gathered info that should be helpful as you plan your trip to the International Storytelling Center. Here’s how the Festival works: Large, circus-type tents are scattered throughout charming, downtown Jonesborough. Each tent has plenty of seating. Regular programming is then scheduled in each tent throughout the day; our attendees simply choose which tent they want to attend at which time. The tents are all located within easy walking distance of each other. You will be given a program which will include the schedule when you pick up your passes at Festival Headquarters, located in the Jonesborough Visitor’s Center. Regular Festival programming is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. The complete schedule can be viewed online a few days prior to the Festival.
Known affectionately as the Storytelling Capital of the World, Jonesborough launched the world’s storytelling renaissance. Tucked away in the Appalachian Mountains, Tennessee’s oldest town offers historic charm, modern services, and first-rate hospitality.
The National Storytelling Festival offers a registration discount to organized adult groups. Please note there are no additional group discounts to the senior and child rates as they are already discounted. Group discounts are not applicable to Ghost Stories or Midnight Cabaret tickets.
To qualify for a group discount, the following criteria must be met:
- A group must have at least 10 members.
- The group must designate one person to pick up the tickets for the entire group. Tickets will not be held at the registration desk for distribution to individual members of the group.
- A group registration must be pre-paid, using only one check or credit card at the time the registration form is submitted.
- All members of a group must purchase a ticket for the same day or days. For example, all tickets must be for the full weekend, for Saturday only, etc.
- Postmark deadline for group registrations is September 16, 2023. Group discounts are not allowed for on-site registrations.
- Group tickets are not available online. They can be purchased by calling ISC at 800-952-8392, ext. 283 or mailing the group registration form, faxing it to 423-913-8219, or e-mailing it to ISC.
Once a group is registered, adjustments in group numbers may be made by mailing a written request to the International Storytelling Center. It must be postmarked no later than September 16, 2023. The group rate in effect at the time of the adjustment will apply.
All tickets purchased to the National Storytelling Festival are final. If you are unable to use your tickets, these 2 options are available:
*Exchange your ticket for a ticket to next year’s Festival. The exchange request must be made in writing prior to the ticket date. The exchange request is limited to 1 year.
*Donate your ticket purchase back to the Organization as a tax-deductible contribution. This option is only available during the year in which you purchased the ticket
Where to Stay
Jonesborough, TN (most of these fill up a year in advance)
Johnson City, TN (These hotels are about 8 to 10 miles from Jonesborough)
Days Inn and Suites
Quality Inn Downtown
Quality Inn Boones Creek
Courtyard by Marriott – Johnson City
Doubletree “Doubletree Hotel”
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Johnson City
Super 8 by Wyndham
Andrew Johnson Inn
General Morgan Inn
Greene Villa Motel
Nolichucky Bluffs Bed & Breakfast Cabins
Serenity Cove B&B and Cabins
Mountain Inn & Suites – 30 minutes away from Jonesborough 423-743-4100
Super 8 by Wyndham Erwin – 25 minutes away from Jonesborough 423-735-3002
Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park
River View Campground
Rocky Top Kingsport
Lazy Llama Campground
Baileyton RV Park
North Indian Creek
Rock Creek Recreation Site
Iron Mountain Inn
Lake View RV Park
Black Bear Resort
Double D Roost