**These policies and procedures are subject to change as we adapt to the ever-evolving public health climate**
With the current CDC guidelines in place and festivals and theaters opening up, we feel we can successfully host an in-person Festival. We have been encouraged by national reporting and surveys that show arts patrons are being vaccinated at much higher rates than the country’s overall population, as has the senior population that typically frequents our event.
During this unprecedented time, we have implemented a number of new safety measures based on the guidance of health officials including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. The safety and well-being of our attendees and employees are our top priorities and guide our decisions. As such, we request that if you are eligible and have not been fully vaccinated, that you not attend our Festival. We do have a Virtual Festival option!
Safety Measures We Are Taking
We are monitoring attendance and will cap if necessary. We are currently asking that all parties leave one chair space between non-households.
We have also put additional sanitation and safety protocols in place including an increased number of portable hand washing stations, a significant number of hand sanitizing stations, and more frequent cleaning high touch surfaces.
All eligible ISC staff, including permanent, temporary, and seasonal, are required to be vaccinated. All eligible Festival volunteers are required to be vaccinated.
We are requiring that attendees wear masks in all indoor Festival areas in accordance with CDC recommendations as of July 27, 2021.
Guidance for Attendees
Before the event:
- Get vaccinated! Getting vaccinated now will give you protection for Festival weekend. If you cannot make it to Jonesborough this year we do have a virtual option available to you.
- Bring your mask, you will need it while indoors and on festival shuttles.
- Do not attend the Festival if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), even if you have been vaccinated.
- Do not attend the Festival if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days. People who have tested positive for COVID-19 and cannot attend the festival can receive a refund.
At the event:
- Wear a mask while indoors and on festival shuttles.
- If you are at high risk for severe COVID-19, avoid crowded areas of the festival and stay at least 6 feet away from other groups.
- Avoid physical contact with people outside of your party.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or with hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. These items are placed throughout the festival grounds.
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. By purchasing a ticket to our event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure.