ISC’s Learning Library is designed to accommodate the needs and schedule of anyone who wants to learn more about how storytelling can achieve goals and make a difference. Choose from a range of resources covering various story-related topics that you can take part in at your own pace.
For the Classroom
- Lesson Plan for classes attending storytelling events
- Common Core and Storytelling K-6
- Common Core and Storytelling 6-12
- Race Bridges Studio: Classroom Collection
- Collection of American folktales
- List of storytelling websites that give activities for teachers and students
- Bring your students to the National Storytelling Festival
- One Student’s Experience
For Exploring the Power of Storytelling
- Telling Stories That Matter – A Toolkit for exploring your potential as a storyteller. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Racebridge Studios
- Storytelling: A Peaceful Power – A TEDxNashville with Kiran Singh Sirah
- The Danger of a Single Story – A TED Talk with Chimamanda Adichie
- Standing on Tradition – A TEDx Talk with storyteller Charlotte Alston Blake
- Hush in the Room – A TEDx Talk with Storyteller Regi Carpenter
Learn from the masters!
Watch master storytellers in action at the National Storytelling Festival.
Young Appalachian Story Summit Resources
Download resources, listen to interviews and session recordings, and find links to media shown at the 2018 Young Appalachian Story Summit.
Keynote Speech with ISC President Kiran Singh Sirah
Task Game with Adam Booth
Created by award-winning storyteller and educator Adam Booth, this task game can be used as an engaging way to apply storytelling to community building. Download the materials here.